Foothill Municipal Water District (Foothill) would like to congratulate the winners of its 3rd annual “Water Is Life” student art competition.
The winners are:
- 1st Place – Derek Jiang, 5th Grade, La Cañada Elementary
- 2nd Place – Shelby Perez, 5th Grade, La Cañada Elementary
- 3rd Place – Joanne Lee, 5th Grade, Monte Vista Elementary
- Honorable Mention – Rachel Lee, 4th Grade, Lincoln Elementary
- Honorable Mention – Carolina Cuevas, 6th Grade, Eliot Middle School
- Honorable Mention – Gyuri Hahn, Kindergarten, Elite Art School
These top entries received recognition through an FMWD board meeting held on May 19, 2014 where students received their prizes including gift certificates from fellow contest sponsor Los Gringos Locos Restaurant. The contest was open to all students, in grades K-12, attending a school located within the service area of a member water agency that Foothill Municipal Water District serves.
The District received 105 total entries this year and the top entries have been submitted to the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) for further consideration to be included in the 2015 “Water Is Life” calendar. Winners will be selected in the fall and honored at a student art exhibit and recognition event sponsored by MWD. Criteria for judging the art pieces consisted of addressing the theme of the contest, originality of the piece and slogan, and degree of visual and word clarity.
—Foothill Municipal Water District