If you are just starting or if you've hit a plateau here are some tips to help you lose weight and get fit.
• Limit your fruit to berries or grapes. These fruits are lower in carbs. and actually help the body burn and eliminate more fat. I like Greek yogurt with berries for breakfast.
• Limit you caffeine to back and green tea. Add lemon to help even more. I've heard that green tea has more anti oxidants than most fruits or veggies.
• Eat more greens: Spinach, broccoli, Swiss chard, kale and butter lettuce help the body release toxins that help store fat. They also have fewer calories and contain nutrients that help prevent many diseases.
• Change your exercise program. The body unfortunately gets used to anything you do for longer than a month. If you do the same thing for too long, you actually will become less fit after a while. The body adapts and gets the work done more efficiently. It has been scientifically proven that you can make more progress with a different routine even if its easier.
• If you lift weights, stop the three sets of ten/fifteen mentality. So many of the people I start with have been doing the same routine for way too long. They do an exercise ten or fifteen times then repeat the same thing two or three times. This in not only unimaginative and boring but more importantly not all that effective. You want to hit the muscles from different angles to maximize fatigue which in this case is a good thing.
• If you are already walking, very good. If you want to make more progress, add some intervals and some strength training. Walking a little faster than a little slower it's a well known way to speed up you metabolism.
Finally if you don't strength train, you are missing the boat. You can spend 15-20 minutes a week and make a major improvement in your sticking point. Remember a little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
For more info visit our site at body-mastery.net