A Pasadena resident reported seeing a bear earier this week in her driveway on Linda Glen, on a small hill overlooking the Rose Bowl, according to a Nixle report. The incident occurred at approximately 2:50 a.m. Tuesday.
On Monday, paid another visit to a La Crescenta family's trash can and over the weekend, other sightings were reported of bears rummaging through trash cans in Pasadena on Wierfield Drive, off Glen Oaks, north of Patrician Way.
I case you missed it, here are several tips to keep you safe if you run into a bear, whether in the wilderness or in an urban area:
- Never hike alone; always stick to the trail.
- Keep kids nearby.
- Do not approach the animal.
- Do not run away from the animal.
- Always stand tall, make eye contact with the bear, and pick up your children without turning your back to the beast.
- Do all you can to make yourself appear bigger.
- Raise your arms and hands, throw rocks, branches, make noise, wave your arms slowly and speak loudly.
- Report sightings to authorities immediately.